Child model headshot — Gardena
Ally's first zed card shoot was shot in Gardena in 2007. We used mostly studio lighting, though the image we picked as the headshot was shot in the garage with soft, reflected "window" (in this case, doorway) light. The background is a Japanese folding screen.
This was shot almost wide open with the 85mm f/1.4 portrait lens. This is a very sharp, fast, old school, manual focus lens. That definitely don't make lenses like this anymore.
For this shot, Ally was seated on a comfortable chair that swivels. The swivel allows the sitter to easily rotate from side to side. The sloped arms enable the arms to rest at different heights.
- Name: Ally
- Hometown: Orange County
- Location: At the doorway of my garage in Gardena
- Headshot type: Child model headshot
- Lighting: Natural lighting, reflected
- Lens: Nikkor 85mm f/1.4
- Camera: Nikon D2X
- Camera sensor size: DX
- Aperture: f/2
- Shutter: 1/250 s.
- ISO: 160
More headshots shoots
- Brody — child headshot natural window light, shallow depth of field, additional strobe
- Charissa —business headshot
- Daniela — different focal lengths 85mm, 300mm
- Ally — child model zed card shoot
- Eric — male model portfolio shoot
- Karen, Anton, Jim — actor comp card shoots
- Tutu — three shoots, sixteen years apart, large format, 35mm film and digital