Commercial headshot — Playa Del Rey actor
We shot Daniela's first headshot outside using a combination of natural and studio light. Daniela prefers to not wear makeup and only slight retouching was needed to smooth out the image. She has a very natural look and a beautiful smile.
In these two headshots we can see the difference in facial modeling that results from using lenses of different focal lengths. The headshot on the left was shot with an 85mm lens, a lens often associated with portraits. The 85mm gives a more three dimensional look while being just long enought to produce a tight headshot without too much distortion.
The 300mm is a medium telephoto lens commonly used by sports photographers. These long lenses flatten perspective and have shallow depth of field. They make very attractive portraits.
- Name: Daniela
- Hometown: Playa Del Rey, CA
- Location: Outside Gardena studio
- Headshot type: Commercial headshot
- Lighting: Natural lighting (overcast sky) and one studio light with an umbrella reflector
- Lenses: 85mm; 300mm
- Camera: Nikon D2X
- Camera sensor size: DX
- Aperture: f/4; f/3.5
- Shutter: 1/250 s.
- ISO: 100
More headshots shoots
- Brody — child headshot natural window light, shallow depth of field, additional strobe
- Charissa —business headshot
- Daniela — different focal lengths 85mm, 300mm
- Ally — child model zed card shoot
- Eric — male model portfolio shoot
- Karen, Anton, Jim — actor comp card shoots
- Tutu — three shoots, sixteen years apart, large format, 35mm film and digital